Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Gov Schwarzenegger Hates Poor Uninsured People

Schwarzenegger Announces He Will Veto Healthcare Bill

This is disgusting.

I really think that this country needs a national healthcare system like... oh, I don't know... EVERY OTHER INDUSTRIALIZED NATION. I believe that healthcare should be a right for all citizens, not just the ones who work for a company that is principled enough to pay for. (I'll write more about this sometime.)

Finally, the California legislature takes a bold step of voting to create a universal healthcare sytem for all its residents, and Schwarzenegger, who obviously has never known how scary it is to live without health insurance, announced that he plans to veto it. Another progressive reform in one of the most progressive states shot down by your anti-progress governor. Well, this is what you get for voting for an Republican movie star: lack of progress.

I am ashamed that my birth state voted for this guy over Davis (who California blamed for all its problems when they should have blamed Enron). Let's hope that California has the good sense to vote for Phil Angelides to be their next governor this November.

No comments: