Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sen. Johnson Recovering

Here is some good news for a change. Sen. Johnson is still getting better and has issued a public statement:

Ailing Senator Issues Photos, Statement
The first public photos of Sen. Tim Johnson since his December brain hemorrhage show him looking pounds lighter and sitting in a wheelchair. According to a spokeswoman, he now has limited use of his right arm and leg.

[...]Johnson's office also issued his first public statement since the hemorrhage three months ago.

"I want to thank the people of South Dakota and all of our dear friends for their support and prayers," the statement read. "This has been an unexpected journey and there is a long road in front of me. I am determined and focused on my recovery, and I look forward to returning to the Senate on behalf of South Dakota."
It is good to hear that he is doing so well after such an ordeal, and I hope his health continues to improve.

No comments: