Monday, April 09, 2007

Bush Defines Hypocrisy

This just makes me sick:

Bush Prays for Peace at Easter Service
FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) - President Bush prayed for peace Sunday at an Easter service during a visit to an Army post that has sent thousands of soldiers to war in Iraq.

"I had a chance to reflect on the great sacrifice that our military and their families are making,'' Bush said outside the chapel after the service. ``I prayed for their safety and I prayed for their strength and comfort, and I prayed for peace."
Bush's warmongering has led to the deaths of thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, and he has the audacity to pray for peace!

He dares to pray for peace when he is the reason we went to war in Iraq! He is the reason there is civil war in Iraq now! He is the reason we are still in Iraq today!

As the President of the United States, it's not like prayer is his only option for making peace.

Actions speak louder than words, and his prayer for peace seems unapologetically hollow to me. It is the very definition of hypocrisy.

Can such a man possibly have a soul?

No comments: