Monday, February 12, 2007

More Torture

More torture has been done in our name thanks to George "we don't torture" Bush. Why aren't more Americans aren't outraged by this? Bush should be gone for many reasons, but torture is probably the most disgusting reason.

Egypt frees cleric in CIA case, lawyer says
CAIRO -- Egyptian authorities have released a Muslim cleric kidnapped in a suspected CIA operation in Italy and handed to Egypt, the cleric's lawyer said yesterday.

Hassan Mustafa Osama Nasr, also known as Abu Omar, was grabbed off a Milan street in 2003 and flown to Egypt. He said he had been tortured there by Egyptian agents using electric shocks, beatings, rape threats, and genital abuse.

These examples of torture make me so sick because they go against what I was brought up to believe about the ideal of America, land of the free, home of the brave.

This is why I cannot stand George W. Bush. He has violated my country. I am not upset at all when people burn an American flag because it is just a piece of cloth, not my country. However, George W. Bush is burning my country with his torture, his wars, his idiocy, his lack of respect for my country, his willingness to destroy freedom to "protect" freedom, his inability to do anything right. We do not need a Flag Burning Amendment because flag burning does not harm anyone, but we do need a George W. Bush Amendment because he is harming us all.

No comments: