Tuesday, September 18, 2007

John Stossel, Professional Insensitive Hack

Anti-consumer advocate John Stossel did a story on anti-truth network ABC which is owned by anti-people corporation Disney. I did not watch his story because I knew it would be filled with lies and propaganda to promote Stossel's crazy libertarian views and irrational free market religion. This guy has no concept of what a fair market is and couldn't care less if consumers are harmed by the greedy corporations he worships.

His propaganda, this time, was specifically about Michael Moore's documentary SiCKO. I'll give you one guess about whether Stossel agreed with it or not.

From Crooks And Liars:

Wife Of Victim From Michael Moore’s Sicko Responds To Stossel Hit Piece
By: Logan Murphy on Tuesday, September 18th, 2007 at 6:38 AM - PDT

ABC News, the same network that neo-cons use to further their agenda, decided to look at the question of Universal Health Care in the US. Who better to investigate it than John “The Free Market Trumps All” Stossel? As is evident from the promo from last Friday’s Good Morning America, Stossel’s program looks like little more than a way to demonize Michael Moore:
Crooks And Liars then offers a video clip of the bully himself, and then reprints the open letter response on MichaelMoore.com from the woman Stossel mentions in his story:

Open Letter to ABC's John Stossel ... from Julie Pierce, American SiCKO
September 14th, 2007 11:03 pm

Dear John,

My name is Julie Pierce. My husband was Tracy Pierce. I am featured in Michael Moore's documentary 'SiCKO.' In the movie, I share my deceased husband's story — his unsuccessful battle with our insurance company to receive what could have been life-saving treatments for kidney cancer.

I just read your Wall Street Journal article written on Sept. 13, 2007, titled "Sick Sob Stories." You begin by talking about Tracy's role in 'SiCKO,' and claim the bone marrow transplant denied by our insurer would not have saved him. You also accuse me of "sneering" over our situation.

In your 'reporting' of this story, you did not contact me, and you did not contact my husband's doctors. I cannot believe that a publication like the Wall Street Journal would print such an accusation without talking to anyone involved — especially in such a personal matter, which resulted in the death of my 37-year-old husband and the father of my child.
Read the whole letter to get the full picture of what a coward and jerk Stossel really is.

In a recent CBS News Poll (from PollingReport.com), they found that 55% of Americans want a single-payer, government-run, universal health insurance program. A CNN poll (from the same site) finds that 64% of Americans think that "the government should provide a national health insurance program for all Americans, even if this would require higher taxes." So if this what most Americans want, my question is: Why does John Stossel hate America?

No comments: