Wednesday, January 10, 2007

First Woman Speaker of The US House of Representatives

It has been a while since my last post. I blame the holidays. Between Thanksgiving, vacation, travel, my sister's wedding, a new job at work, Christmas, New Year's, and regular obligations, I was too busy (or too lazy) to write any posts.

Well, it's a new year, and you know what that means. Bush is violating the Constitution in a new year. That always gets me motivated to start writing again.

But before I start complaining, I want to thank everyone who made my birthday wish possible. For those of you who don't remember/know, I wished for the Democrats to take both houses of Congress. It was close in the Senate, but WOW! What a welcome surprise. I actually am feeling something that I have not felt for a while: hope.

The new Congress began last week, and I was overjoyed to see this transition of power. The cherry on top of it all was that for the first time in our country's history we have a female Speaker of the House. With this, we have witnessed a new moment in history and equality. It was a great way to signal the change that is taking place in our country.

Congratulations, Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Congratulations to the Democrats. Congratulations for everyone who worked so hard in this fight for freedom and against Bush's fascism.

No comments: